Getting the Correct Max Date

After I added the dynamic search feature to my “To The Moon” 🚀 Coin Calculator, I noticed that the price of BitCoin (BTC) was not increasing. I knew that it was over USD$9,000 all day, but it was still showing a price just about USD$8,000. When I ran the query in the MySQL database, I noticed that it was pulling back the correct date, but not the correct price. QUERY FAIL!! So, it was off to figure out why my query wasn’t working. To start, I was using the MAX() function to retrieve the latest date added to the table. Continue reading Getting the Correct Max Date

Dynamic Search with PHP, jQuery and AutoComplete

After I created a Cron job using EasyCron to populate my cryptocurrency coin history tables, my next step was to create the capability to search through the 500 coins I had in the database.  The To The Moon! Coin Calculator displays the Top 50 coins by market capitalization rank by default. The search would narrow it down to one coin. I am hoping, that in the next phase, that when the user selects one coin they will get more information than the list of 50. Since I want to prevent errors in retrieving the one coin, the best method is Continue reading Dynamic Search with PHP, jQuery and AutoComplete

Easy to Use EasyCron

I created my first cron job using EasyCron and it was Easy. As part of the second phase of my To The Moon! Coin Calculator, I needed to populate my database with information on a scheduled basis. Since I am using a hosting service that doesn’t have a schedule jobs feature, I looked to a third party app to get it done. EasyCron allows for anyone to create simple cron jobs for free or as a paid service, if you want more functionality. For my needs, the free service works well. I only plan on running my cron job 3 Continue reading Easy to Use EasyCron

WordPressing to Steemit

One of the issues with publishing content is getting your content on all the platforms that you want to see it appear. In most cases, you can publish a post and have it automatically publish to Facebook, Twitter or whatever social media site you have connected to your blog. This allows for maximum exposure with less effort. Right now, STEEMit only has the ability to share to Twitter and Facebook, which is probably the best way you want the flow to go. STEEMit is more of a social media platform than a blog. The reason I say that it, because Continue reading WordPressing to Steemit

Listing Marked Documents from Multiple Document Libraries – Part 2

In Part 1, I retrieved a list of Document Library lists that contained files and started building the display. Now, I need to get the marked documents and display them for each Document Library. Since I created the array libraryList as part of the first steps, I can now loop through this list and get each set of files. Now, make sure that you set the REST API “async” option to false, because you don’t want things to happen out of sequence and end up with nothing displayed. The call to each of the Document Library lists will have a Continue reading Listing Marked Documents from Multiple Document Libraries – Part 2

Listing Marked Documents from Multiple Document Libraries – Part 1

I had a small project at work to list marked documents a SharePoint site Page. The documents would be part of a Document Library and they are marked using a choice option, which means they need to be grouped by each of the options in the list. And, to top things off, there are multiple Document Library lists. And, to make things harder, the choice field has a different name in each of the Document Library list. At first, I thought this might be a hard little project, but it turned out easier to do than expected. I am using Continue reading Listing Marked Documents from Multiple Document Libraries – Part 1